More Life! (Project book month 4)


Greetings Prophet! Ok so it's been a while...life (and temp jobs) intervened and the 'Angels' part of my brain got turned off. But I'm back, and excited to get back into it. I missed month 3 update, and skipped ahead. But I have news...

Project book has a publisher! 

Yes that's right this 'Tomb of Immobility' has a home! The as-yet-untitled Angels book is being published by McFarland, probably in early 2019.

I don't actually have much more of an update than that. Other than to say finding a publisher was the hardest thing until it wasn't. And I think that's a sign you've got it right. From first contacting the team there it felt 'right' and was really smooth and easy discussion. So while I'm still the slightly unhinged one in two-day-old clothes waving research at Mormons...maybe someone is listening.

The only other thing I have to say is this; firstly there's no 'right' or 'wrong' way to go about publishing your PhD related book. For me as ever it was more stumbling through (ever the Louis) than by design. I don't have a plan, since when have I? I don't have an academic design I'm trying to fit with. I'm just doing what's right for me and the book I want (no, need) to write.

And that's everything else I have to say really. I have to right this book. This particular book has been 'in' me for nearly 10 years. And I'm so excited to finally get to say what I have to say...and say it my way. And that, my singular 'dream' in life has always been 'write a book'...and so, here goes....

The world only spins forward...or something like that.

P.S Working title for this monster is 'Fuck You I'm a Prophet' I highly doubt I'll get away with it but...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“Hello and Good Morning”

Lee Pace, Labels and 'What are you doing writing about this play?'

More Life- Angels in America on Broadway